Bishops’ House is a half-timbered house in the Norton Lees district of the City of Sheffield, England. It was built around 1500 and is located at the top end of Meersbrook Park. It is one of the three surviving timber-framed houses in the city.
The House was built at the end of the Fifteenth Century, around the time two members of the Blythe family became Bishops, hence the name, but their historical connection with the House is unconfirmed. In 1886 ownership passed to the Sheffield City Council and various recreation department employees lived in the house until 1974. It is a Grade II* listed building and has been open as a museum since 1976.
In April 2011, overall management of Bishops House returned to the Council from Museums Sheffield. One implication of this change would have been a drastic reduction of opening hours. The Friends Of Bishops House are an independent voluntary group run by local enthusiasts who have been asked by Sheffield City Council to manage public access to the House. Maintenance of the building will continue to be the responsibility of the Council.